Thursday 18 January 2018

Works In Progress - A Buffet

Now we know,


I really need to sit down and A) reply to comments and B) take some more pictures of miniatures! I have progress on the Sergeants from the previous post and I've got other bits and bobs painted or going on, but no pictures of them. So I thought I'd just show you some of my built pictures of Primaris marine stuff that is either awaiting some paint or has some on but no pictures...







I haven't decided on the chest guns for the Redemptor, between the fragstorm launchers and the bolt option. The random shots of the fragstorm put me off a little compared to the reliability of the storm bolters. Any thoughts on which to go for? I think I am points malleable for both.



This chap has sanguinary guard wings purely because they look cool. No other justification than that! He's also just a regular lieutenant as you can't give the Primaris one a jump pack, but I wanted all my mini's to be Primaris sized. I've written a little fluff around that which I will get in to when he is painted and has his own post.





I wanted the ancient to be a little more "FORWARD!!" than the static pose given in the Dark Imperium box. So I just kitbashed this very simple conversion for a little more dynamism.



And then here we have the Chapter Master (or Captain) his-self. Ignore the hair... Again this chap is just a regular marine rather than Primaris but I have built him in the Gravis armour and added the jump pack to represent the Armour Indomitus relic. I feel that works well enough with the weight of it. 

This chap is actually almost finished so I should have some pictures of him up sooner rather than later...

That's all folks!

Peace out,

Rob 

13 comments:

  1. Great posing! I really like the bases as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) breaking the rocks for the bases take ages!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Rob, though I do question your sanity over taking 2(!) redemptor dreads. I've heard the kit is a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There actually not too bad I think. But then I did build the legs for both of them in one go to get the posing right and then built the torso and arms for each, so maybe a bit much if I had done it all in one go!

      Delete
    2. The Redemptor is way easier to build if you use plastic cement rather than superglue. The issue is that there's so much poseability that unless you use something with a lot of working time, it's easy to get past the point of no return on some aspect before you realize it makes the whole thing look wonky.

      I prefer the reliability and greater maximum range of the Storm Bolters myself, but they're very easy to swap in and out. They almost pressure fit. I just added the tiniest dab of blu-tac, and it holds them in just fine.

      I just wish they'd come out with the EtB version and the errata for the Datasheet that lets you take it without the Icarus launcher before I got mine half painted. The thing is never great, often near useless, and not exactly cheap.

      Delete
    3. Good to know Westrider! I haven't even cut them off the sprue yet for fear of losing them!

      Delete
  3. Great apart from the gravity defying banner, can you get a hairdryer on it and bend the flag a little? Will only take a little to become convincing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banner isn't being held static though, its being thrust forward which pulls the banner back. Its the hanging down straight aspect that I don't like with the sculpt. The idea is he is thrusting the banner towards the enemy shouting faithful litanies and the like :)

      Delete
    2. I know, and the concept is great mate, I'd just fold up and over the outermost corner to show this thrusting and movement so it can't be mistaken for 'he's glued the banner on sideways'? Fine as is, just a tweak would mark it out as different?

      Delete
    3. Ahhh! When you said Gravity Defying, I thought you meant you wanted it to hang down, as in gravity pulling it down!

      I'll give the corner a go :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome builds, man! The primaris dread is a beast to assemble, but does allow for some really cool posing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mordy :) I've been really trying to give everything a sense of movement in the army, the basing helps with some of the more static posed models I've found.

      Delete
  5. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete