Saturday 25 March 2017

Shattered Legion Rampager Squad and MDF Terrain

Hey gang,


Today I spent a little bit of time building for my Shattered Legion force. This is an army made up of Emperor's Children, World Eaters and Sons of Horus (Or rather Luna Wolves!), that represent the loyalist forces on Istvann III as they defend the Prefector Palace following the virus bombing. 

It won't be terribly competitive at 2500 points, as I have zero vehicles and have gone for very fluffy unit choices, but I just love the whole background behind it AND I have tried to use as many different third party models parts as I can to give it lots of flavour, sort of inspired by the idea that as they hold out against the traitors the loyalist forces would scavenge parts and mix and match armour as needed. 

Anyway, here's more pictures of the Rampager Squad of World Eaters!





And I also got a package through the post from the Troll Trader on Ebay full of MDF terrain for my home table!!


So I am looking forward to putting these together and playing on them!

Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. That terrain looks nice! Is it to be taken apart again afterwards, for storage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really no, most of it fits into quite a small space and some of it stores inside the others so I think it should all be good :) I worry a little with this quality that taking it apart every time will be hazardous!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Rob! The third party bits on those World Eaters will make for a truly beautiful and original army. Makes me feel inspired to push on with my militia...

    As for TTCombat's MDF terrain, I couldn't recommend it more highly. I've got a few painted up pieces up on my blog as it happens! Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Militia or genestealer cult ;)

      Yours are looking much nicer than mine :/ I just can't get as enthused about terrain...

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Don't worry about it being fluffy, rag-tag infantry-heavy SM forces must be super fun to play. Will we be seeing Loken or maybe Torgaddon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cool idea, I'm looking forward to seeing what other tricks you can pull out of your sleeve with these guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. World Eaters don't have sleeves! Only raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

      Delete