Monday 19 February 2018

I got a Ticket for... Land Speeding... with A Vengeance!

All hail the pun,


Continuing the Ravenwing show and tell for day 2 of a few, here we have the land speeder contingent of the force. These ba***rds are fiddly as f**k to build. Did not enjoy them one bit, that said, they are pretty darn easy to paint compared to the much more, overall, detailed bikers. If I have the money spare at some point I may make a Land Speeder only army using the new landspeeder Ravenwing HQ. 























I know it won't be to everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy the bright orange glow of the engines and plasma. I think it adds some pop to the overall grim look of these models. As requested by the client everything should look like it has had the sh*t beaten out of it... How well I succeeded on that, compared to just looking, well amateurishly painted... eh I'll let you decide. 

I have conflicting feelings on how well I have painted these models to be honest. It is part of the reason the Ravenwing haven't been up on the blog at all. Sometimes I look at them and feel I have done a good job, and sometimes I get terrible anxiety that the owner will demand their money back for me ruining their miniatures. No fun! I do hope he likes them. 

Peace out,

Rob

11 comments:

  1. Yeah Rob, grimdark gritty and nice pop of colour with the red hot exhausts. I think you are your harshest critic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again James, I think close up picture always give me pangs of regret at points I want to improve. Really looking forward to seeing them face of against you mind.

      Delete
  2. I think these look awesome. The owner ought to be very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright orange glow works very well and everything looks well together. Bravo.
    I do so dislike the mini turret on the front of that speeder though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Rory, really not a fan of the turret, just looks little silly and like he'd take a headshot in no time flat!

      Delete
  4. I was actually thinking as I was scrolling down that I really liked how weathered and beat up they looked. Like they've been out on patrol for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that comes across, I wanted the whole army to look like it had been on a long campaign with no end in sight :)

      Delete
  5. I think you have grim-darked the hell out of them. That would get my tick of approval :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay a teachers tick! Can I have a gold star too :)

      Delete
  6. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete