Friday 17 February 2017

Building the Yncarne - It Begins

Hey all,


So recently, my lovely girlfriend bought me the Triumverate of Ynnead which has sparked my re-involvement in 40k and the probable development of an Ynnari army... The first step to this is building and painting the centrepiece itself, the Yncarne.

In between painting steps on the Night Lords I have going on, I treated myself to starting the build on this beast. This is the first of 3 major sub-assemblies that will be built and painted before being glued together, though there are several minor pieces that will be painted separately as well. 




As you can see, this thing is incredibly detailed. I won't be following the paint scheme of GW but be going for something altogether darker in tone! I'm planning on getting the rest of the sub-assemblies built and undercoated this weekend with some work on this first section starting late next week should time allow!

Peace out,

Rob

14 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it won't burn you out, and looking forward to your "darker tone"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your particular style will really suit this model mate - stepping back into the dark eldar a bit eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, this is part of a bigger push for all three Eldar factions to return in a big way!

      Delete
  3. Excellent! I really look forward to seeing your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am curious: the first thing I had thought at this model release was "it could be a pain to paint with so much holes and that 3D spiral shape, and -almost- impossible to hide the cracks between the sub assemblies". Let's see how you'll manage it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an utter git to build! I had to do some filling for bits, a right pain when painting in sub-assemblies

      Delete
  5. The first thing I thought of was a daemonette of Slaanesh (...and no, that's not because I always think about such things...). I figured it was a corrupted Avatar of some sort. Good luck with the paint job, I like the sounds of "darker" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always pro-darker! I don't exactly paint light and fluffy...

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. BTW, what size base is it on? The entry on the US GW Website says it comes with a 40mm round, which doesn't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! Back to your roots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been excitingly playing around with shopping lists indeed :)

      Delete