Wednesday 23 September 2015

Dark Angels Tactical Squad 2 - Plasma cannon!

Hi Gang,



I'm trying to keep my desire to paint fresh buy swapping projects every few days after I got so bored of painting Death Company when that was all I had to do. So some Dark Angel progress on the troops front with my second squad making steady progress to being finished. The second squad has a plasma cannon in it which should be nice and fun to paint the glow effect on when I get to it. 






Here's some pictures of the bolters and the un-started plasma cannon:




I'm also doing a tiny bit of converting on the Sergeant to differentiate his pose from the other dark vengeance sergeant otherwise they will look too similar for my liking with that oddly static pose they have. It uses a chaos bolt pistol and helmet and the now ubiquitous item in my bits box, the age of sigmar hammer :P



Thoughts?

Peace out,

Rob

6 comments:

  1. Looking good, dude! The darker scheme really helps avoid the "christmas tree" look.

    Some little touches like that go a long way toward making the DV Sergeant stand out. I gave both of mine helmets and Combi-Plasmas (one replacing the chainsword, and one replacing the pistol), and even just that really helped differentiate them. I'll pull them out and take some pics to add to my next post, along with the Captain I'm finishing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, I look forward to seeing all your stuff on your blog :)

      Delete
  2. You are banging your way through this army Rob. Great stuff dude keep it goin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naff! I have the sort of tiny hope I could bring it to Blog Wars... But thats a fantasy I feel! Hopefully it will be done enough by Vanguard in Bristol next Easter!

      Delete
  3. Rob! Get that mouldline on the top of the hammer! It will burn your soul if you miss it and paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall consider myself chastised and consider it removed!

      Delete