Friday 25 September 2015

Death Company Ride again!

Hi Readers,



With the purchase of some new Khorne red and a couple of new brushes I have re-invigorated myself with desire to get some Death Company painted. My Death Company army is most likely going to be accompanying me to Blog War X run my Alex at Fromthefang in Stockport (unless I pull out some ridiculous progress on my Dark Angels...). I've heard nothing but good things about Blog Wars, much from some of the frequent commenteers down below, so it should be a blast and I should get to put some faces to names hopefully!

The exact composition of my force will depend entirely on how much I have painted by then. I certainly have enough painted now to take a decent looking force, though I don't think my Death Company would be in the running for any prizes (looks wise or winning wise), but it definitely wouldn't be the force I really want to take.

That force is just the horde of Death Company I've previously described here, but that is a big old pile of Death Company away from being completed and I have a music festival (in Bognor Regis no less) and a holiday in Iceland both with my girlfriend coming up that will hamper preparation some what. So we will just have to see how we go! If I can get the horde done I think I will have an easier time competing and maybe people will enjoy that look a little more as well, but the main aim of the day is to have fun and be merry.

But at least these guys will be making the trip up to sunny Stockport I have no doubt, here's their current state:




And here are the next 10 all dry brushed with Eshin grey ready for the red basecoat to be applied:




Peace out,

Rob

10 comments:

  1. Ok Rob..you have got to try some cool glows outta those jet packs! You know you want to do it! Experiment on one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean beyond my normal blue OSL like I have on the other Death Company? Any suggestions?

      Delete
    2. Hmm...tried to find examples of the other death company, had some trouble finding them. You've done a phenomenal amount of work!

      I just meant to have fun with the jets on the jump packs with some blue glows and OSL on the backs!

      Delete
    3. http://30kplus40kequalsinfinity.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/completed-death-company-x-5.html

      This is how I normally do their jump packs, I also have done the OSL glow on Astorath which hits his wings. I find with the Death Company that the Jump Pack are pointing in such a way that the glow doesn't look like it would hit their legs or such really. I have considered buying the little jet flames for them though :D

      Delete
    4. Ahhh I knew you had done something like this before. Hmm...there is probably a way you could replicate the OSL effect to see how much would hit the back legs...with a light or some such! Maybe without the backpack glued on, take a flash light and shine back where the backpack would be pointing, and see if you get any casts (just for fun)

      Delete
  2. That is a seriously mind-boggling amount of Death Company. Best of luck on getting 'em all done in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still 10 more to come! I think I might have to have a few late night caffeine fuelled sessions to bang them out in the end...

      Delete
  3. I so hope I get to game against you at blog wars with these. They are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope likewise Naff, all of your armies are brilliant! Have you decided who you are bringing? If its Space Wolves I hope you bring your Bjorn conversion!

      Delete
  4. If we face off against one another, that will be a lot of Black on Black.

    ReplyDelete