Friday 22 April 2016

Vorax Conversion and Painting begins on the Domitar and Venators

How do all,


So today I've got a little showcase of the Mechanicum that I am working on. I'm aiming to batch paint these much like the previous Thallax/Castellax/Thanatar I have painted. I also have my converted Vorax to show you. I'm pretty pleased with this conversion to be honest, its cobbled together out of sooo many different parts that its really felt like a conversion than just modding bits and bobs here or there. I don't like the original Vorax because they are just a bit too bug looking for me, the head really throws me off sadly.

I'm not the greatest converter so please be gentle ;) here's the Vorax! 






And here we have the rest of my undercoated models that are ready for layers of seraphim sepia as well as areas that have little to know yellow on them, so I have just jumped in with base coating the metallics and giving the black areas a dry brush of dark reaper.







Later today I hope to get the first couple of layers of yellow on them and by the end of the weekend I hope to have the yellow finished and start layering the metallics on the Domitars, having hopefully finished layering the Krios Tanks.

Tomorrow I will be doing a review of the Krios Battle Tanks and on Sunday I will be doing the first in a series about the Sons of Horus, unless time becomes limited.


Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic, man! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man! I covered myself in glue, but sometimes you just fancy that building session where you spend 30 minutes scrounging through bits for that one right bit :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, like the heads on the Domitars too, it looks different from the FW examples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Siph! Glad you like the conversion :) The heads on the Domitars are actually just the mounting point for the masks. I've left them off so I'll be able to paint the cables around the head neatly :)

      Delete
  3. Great work Rob, I love the Domitars grabbing the wreckage, really dynamic looks.
    I like the look of the Vorax too. My only concern is its right leg. To me, it looks a bit odd jutting out to the right. As the "knee" joints are pointing inwards, it looks a bit unstable and like it is about to fall over. Would it be possible to rotate it round so that it is pointing forward like the other leg? (this is just my opinion of course :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mike! The legs are based of bird legs, so they have that crazy folding backwards knee (which to be honest I struggle to get my head around imagining), it was supposed to give it a predatory bird sort of look. I definitely see your point though :)

      Delete
  4. That Vorax is great, man! I bet that's gonna be one where, once you get it painted, people who don't know the range won't realize it's a scratchbuild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Means a lot coming from a great converter like yourself!

      Delete