Friday 15 April 2016

The Forge World fires burn Bright - Domitar and Venator Builds

Hey hey heresy fans,


Just another quick modelling update today with suitably bit rate photographs for such an occasion. I've tried to model the Domitars as very aggressive, sort of hulking heavy breathing mechanical monsters. Each will have PDF corpses on their bases, with a corpse being impaled by the long iron bar on the Domitar with the hole in his base.

The Venator is a lovely kit but due to its nature of assemble I will have to pretty much paint each bit individually before assembly! Great for ensuring a good paint job but sometimes a bit of a pain!









Thoughts always welcome :)

Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! Can't wait to start my army! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those domitars look fantastic pal, can't wait to see the impaled guy either, though wouldn't a cultist perhaps be more appropriate than a pdf trooper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nick... I'm not a loyalist ;) You should know that, I collect Dark Angels...

      Theese guys are sort of factory automata that have been hijacked in there testing state (hence the yellow hazard stripes) by Archmagos Anacharis Scoria when he was released from prison on Xana forgeworld.

      Delete
  3. Wow Rob, your blog is just on fire lately...or maybe it's me being pulled in by the 30k gravity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've had more free time! That and a house move has given me much needed space and perspective :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you've got yourself a Krios Venator! They're a beast of a tank (albeit with a short range) I run a unit of 3 which pretty much makes anything they look at disappear!

    Love the idea of the Domitar impaling a trooper! Looking forward to that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two! Really looking forward to seeing them in action, I love their look too. Blood hell, 3 will pound most anything to dust dude!!!

      Yeah I've had that idea in my head for ages so really looking forward to putting it together :)

      Delete