So I want to really go for it with my modelling at the moment, so on the back of what seems to be my popular age of sigmar conversions, I thought I would try to add some more flavour to my 30k Terminators/Veterans as I build them. These cloaks were inspired by Watheverable on google+ linking me some cool pictures, so thanks man!
To make the cloaks when I am rubbish at sculpting, I decided to make an armature that I could just apply milliput too. Normally I prefer greenstuff but milliput is freely available in multiple shops in Bristol and a lot cheaper overall. As it turns out, it was much easier to smooth once I got it on to the armature as well compared to my usual experiences with green stuff.
These are just my first go with the cloaks and mostly just general principle, overall I'm not happy enough with them to put them on the miniatures but I'm hoping your thoughts and feedback will help refine their look. I'm hoping to utilise the cloaks to mitigate the fact that the heads aren't sunk as deeply as I would like.
Above you can see the mesh used as an armature. I quite like it as a component as it makes the cloaks look reinforced to provide extra protection. I am debating deliberately keeping this on show as a theme. Comments, as always, most welcome,