Saturday 2 January 2016

30k Alpha Legion Sergeant - WIP

Hey everyone,


Just a little WIP shot of my alpha legion sergeant. This guy has a forgeworld torso and some kromlech legs to make him stand out, but his paint scheme will be the same as his troops and he has a regular helmet.We are all Alpharius!

As you will see I have cut damage into him and these will be rusted up, as well as rivets and the like. I have bought some actual rust powder now to try and really nail the effect.







Thoughts?

Peace out,

Rob

4 comments:

  1. He is looking great. Only thought would be maybe he is a little too dirty? Especially if yu have more rust/weathering to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well I've always wanted to do a really worn looking army, and the idea of an Alpha Legion force that has self sustained itself to the point its armour is near ruined is the concept that I'm going for. But its not set in stone so feedback on the next WIP would be appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. I actually think this level of weathering/damage is pretty good, assuming the extra effects you're talking about are going to be applied to areas that are already somewhat scuffed up. It's still clearly blue armour with damage, not verdigrised bronze or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good to know, I did worry about looking to verdigris!

      Delete