Saturday 16 January 2016

5 Ravenwing Bikes - Completed

Good morrow,


I finished off my first 5 ravenwing late last night only to be horrified to find my superglue pot empty! It had been consumed by my highly classified top secret Alpha Legion project (appropriate I know...). So I wasn't able to base them, but other than that they are completed and I'm pretty damn happy with them. Went with green for the eyes and the bike headlight in the end.

You will have to trust me when I say that better pictures are coming to the blog (and a post on them too!) Naff from Ojectivesecured.blogspot.com recommended an excellent guide that I am going to be working through but some bits need to arrive from the internet and I need to go to wilkos for a new lamp today... 














Any thoughts do let me know :)

Peace out,

Rob

7 comments:

  1. Nice one dude, they are looking good. Like the headlamp OSL.

    Looking forward to seeng your progress on the photos. Pleased you found the link helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel I improve with my OSL every time.

      Its such a good guide! Very user friendly compared to other photography heavy ones. I have the stand now and I'm waiting on the phone clip and lamp before I can get going on nicer pictures :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice minis and the ols is very cool, now I'm curious about other pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks stats! Hopefully I will have my improved photo set up by the time I finish the attack bike and sergeant so they show up nicely :)

      Delete
  4. Looking really nice overall. I think the OSL could use a little more spread on the top plate of the fenders on the bikes, get it a little more triangular there. As it is, it kind of looks like the headlamps are focused on the fenders, rather than beyond them. I look forward to seeing them with bases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think that, but the look I was going for was sort of downturned lights on a stealthy approach if that makes sense? I think when I do the sergeant and attack bike I'll go back and just spread it out that little bit more.

      They should be on bases already but the only super glue I could get hold of when I planned to base them was GW glue and its f**king awful!!

      Delete