Saturday 23 January 2016

Dark Angels Review - 2015

Howdy!



I'm aware that it is nearly February.. but here is my review of my Dark Angels in 2015! I'm just going to chuck some pictures of the painted army at you...

I'm happy with how they are looking. Whenever I look at my models and armies I invariably compare them to the people who produce the most astoundingly good models and I strive for that level of awesome. I'm not there yet, but I do feel I am progressing and these guys should certainly look the business on the table if not in any painting competitions yet.

I hope you enjoy perusing the pictures :)



























2016

This year holds a lot for the Angels of Death. I now have enough models (many not built) to field a Lion's Blade Detachment. I don't however have anywhere enough transports to take advantage of the free transport benefit. I have however really already spent up for the year with a vast amount of models to keep me going with other projects. I also have a little bit of Ravenwing and Deathwing to work on as well! So just to summarise what is to come this year with the Dark Angels, strictly in 40k is the following list:

-Sammael
-Dark Talon
-3 Ravenwing Bikers (DV)
-Deathwing Squad (DV-5)
-Veteran Squad (5)
-Command Squad (5)
-15 Tactical Marines (DV)
-Librarian (DV)
-2 x Company Master (DV)
-Chaplain Seraphicus
-Command drop pod

And this list excludes the 5 Assault marines, 5 Ravenwing bikers, Ravenwing sergeant and attack bike that are all nearly done this year already.

So that's a tasty haul of 40 models completely undone more or less and another 12 that are nearly done! This is all to be interspersed with finishing off my Blood Angels (A review post should be up early in February!) as well as progressing slowly with my 30k Dark Angels and hopefully much quicker progress with my Alpha Legion which includes (but not exclusively) my secret forgeworld projects.

I hope you are looking forward to following this journey with me :)

Peace out,

Rob

12 comments:

  1. There is a lot to love in this little collection :-) Good luck with your projects this year, I am looking forward to seeing how you do your Deathwing terminators. They were some of the first models I ever painted and the paint scheme still gives me nightmares sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc :) I must admit I am not looking forward to painting the Deathwing.. Though I feel I will go down a route similar to the armour of my Blood Angel Sanguinary priest

      Delete
  2. Really like your scouts, would have been difficult to go with the idea and yet pull it off as well as you did. So intricate & realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :) not a patch on some of your more adventurous builds though!

      Delete
  3. Loving it pal! Fingers crossed I get to face them or play alongside them at Hero for a Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely planning on bringing these guys, planning on having as much done as I can so I can pick and choose what to bring!

      Delete
  4. They really look great all laid out together as an Army. And the way you roll, I'm sure the rest will end up even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking really good all together dude. You have done really well to get so much done. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes an inability to sleep does wonder for the basecoating process :P Thanks Naf :)

      Delete
  6. Great looking army! Making my own Dark Angels a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Well I'm jealous of your gazillion armies! Plus you're better at the game :P

      Delete