Saturday 30 January 2016

Return of the Death Company!

Afternoon Folks,



So in an earnest attempt to complete my Blood Angels armies, which at this point just means paint everything you already own Rob, I have begun painting the final 11 Death Company in two batches. The first batch is 5 models and I have drybrushed them with eshin grey, which blends nicely under a nuln oil wash and I have begun applying the basecoat colours which will also all be shaded with nuln oil. 

This is something I've been putting off for a while but once I got going it was like riding a bike! I feel I have really struggled to pick projects to get going on recently, but every time I start something it always feels a lot easier than I thought it would. I just don't seem to be learning that fact!

Anyway here's a few pictures for you to enjoy:





Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Nick! I am tempted to bring these to HfaD as an allied detachment to my Dark Angels

      Delete
    2. Do it! I'm going to try and keep alterations to the main rules to a minimum. I'm thinking at the minute of just limiting LoW to 1 and the same with forgeworld stuff, but not both, so either 1 forgeworld or 1 lord of war choice.

      Delete
    3. Haha I may well do! Though at some point I need to put some serious effort in the castigator knight, fine tuning its paint job to make it an actually desireable raffle prize!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Good to see these bad boys on the agenda again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting a big shot of these guys together a lot, thanks Naf :)

      Delete
  3. Momentum is a thing in more than just strictly physics-based situations. Once you get going, it's pretty much always easier to keep going than it was to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! You seem to have a hell of a knack for churning out a whole list like your recent daemonkin list for the tournament.

      Delete