Tuesday 5 January 2016

Dark Angels Drop Pod - Complete - TO-DONE

Hello,

I finally completed the drop pod for my dark angel devastator squad, though I did end up doing a bit of dry brushing to kill the beast. Definitely sub par effort for me, but it'll do fine for playing on the tabletop.

As per comments on my review post I will be aiming to up the photography of my miniatures but I'm afraid that will only begin after a consolidated effort to tidy my work space giving me more room to put back drops down and I need to purchase a new lamp also to get even lighting. So apologies for the quality of the photos but it shows you most of what you need to see.





There is plenty of wash streak on this that I hope a matt varnish will subdue. However that effect and the sheer number of vehicles I hope to paint this year did spur me on to make a significant hobby purchase which should cause even greater drain on my money. However without a lady to wine and dine there is more of it about!

All will be revealed this week..

Peace out,

Rob

6 comments:

  1. Wow, a drop pod, they seem to be everyones bane [despite them being prevalent in many Marine lists]. The wash streaks are unfortunate, I would consider next time drybrushing black over the top of it. Unlike normal drybrushing where you're trying to catch a highlight with drybrushing black over your shadows it'll help unify the wash and cover up the streaks. Well, hopefully, at least it worked a little on my Cerastus so I'm convinced it helps.

    Also, I really like the chevrons and the little red things above the doors, a little splach of colour cna go a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats an interesting idea, I'll have a pop at that when I get home. I also forgot to add leadbelcher to the rivets so it needs to come of the shelf anyway!

      The chevrons are a great draw for the eye I think. Glad you lie the red, I wasn't sure if it was over done.

      Delete
  2. Like it - I'm thinking I may need to just bite the bullet later this year and get half a dozen drop pods and just bash them out - the Iron Fists need them desperately but I'm concentrating solely on the Tau at the minute.

    The beauty of drop pods I think is that you can make them as battered and scratched as you wish, so a silver drybrush doesn't hurt either to cover up a few things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an awesome tactic in a space marine arsenal but an absolute bugger to paint, so I applaud you if you do!

      Delete
  3. Drop pods take a ton of aduse. Ugly paint is a natural side effect of being a giant passenger carrying bullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but sadly I think you can tell the difference between damage and just sloppy painting on my half :P

      Delete