Tuesday 1 August 2017

Primaris Progress - Two whole complete minis!!!

Hey hey hey,


So these two chaps are far from perfect, but I am sufficiently happy with the concept that I will take this forward and hope to improve the execution of the technique as I go along. The basic premise of the primary red/orange scheme for sergeants will be changed up a little for HQ's but in general that will be a way to distinguish them from the primarily grey scheme. The OSL needs work on the jets, mostly adding a bright white to the heat centres, but I'm pretty happy with how he's turned out as well. 

I'm going to be running a chunk of the Inceptors as I really like the models and the concept of them, plus the rules are nice enough! I am thinking of getting a couple of Redemptor Dreadnoughts, but boy will I be converting them!!! 
















You can also see my first attempt at freehanding the chapter symbol. This is a composite of the Evil Eye and the Alpha. With the the symbolism of the Evil Eye representing a multitude of things, including the fall of Horus, the Eye of Terror and the constant vigil against heresy. Whereas the Alpha symbolises the determination to be the first line of defence as well as the best line of defence, i.e. the alpha predators of the imperium. 

I have yet to come up with a satisfactory chapter name however, so suggestions below that feed into those themes will be most welcome :)

Peace out,

Rob

12 comments:

  1. The First Watch?

    Looking good pal - I perhaps would have gone with blue for the jets rather than green, but I'm sure you'll make it look good!

    I like the chapter symbol too, I've gone with a similar line style for my Swords of Dawn.

    As for the Inceptors, I'm not sold just yet, they've got a price drop in the new book, which they definitely needed, but even with that they're pretty vulnerable to return fire - perhaps with some redemptors or en masse they might not suffer as much, but mine have died very quickly when I've used them in games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably give them a go with my Deathwatch army. Not too bothered about them dying quickly, all my Deathwatch die quickly.

      Delete
    2. https://heresyandheroes.com/2016/04/12/space-marine-chapter-name-generator/

      Red Hawks - sounds quite cool and would fit nicely with the red you're using!

      Delete
  2. Looking good Rob! Your interceptor is making me want to paint a few up black for my Deathwatch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, those are coming along nicely.

    Name ideas: The Scab Legion, The Beta Marines, The Fisters...I'll try to come up with more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweeeeet - really dig that color scheme, man. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking how they look and the battle damage.
    Really not sure about the green glow on the jump pack though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow and steady wins the race, and all progress is progress! Look good mate, love the darker blue/black rather than the first iteration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Broadswords? Emperors Vengeance? Regents of Terra? Burning Embers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete