Saturday 13 May 2017

Belisarius Cawl - Progress Cawling Along

Hey gang,


Belisarius Cawl is one of those models where you feel like you have spent ages adding neat little touches to it and yet you don't appear to have made any progress!! That said, the pictures below are very nearly complete. The book at his feet needs a few more highlights and the skin needs a few pallid touch ups. Mostly though I need to add some blue OSL to the many generator aspects on his carapace hide which will tie him into the scheme with the rest of my Mechanicum very nicely. 

Before I can do that though I need to bring all the other gubbins up to scratch and glue them on, otherwise I might have to find myself adding glow to a single piece at once or worse, find that I've added glow where there should be shadow!





Peace out,

Rob

12 comments:

  1. Although I am not keen on the yellow as a palette choice, your execution of it's application is damn near flawless. Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to be yellow! Its all about the big yellow mech :P thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The new and popular dance move! Coming to an army barracks near you!*

      *Commissars do not approve

      Delete
  3. I am taking notes for when I do my own as this looks ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to paint a lot of the arms before gluing them on, fiddly as hell!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers Mike! Very kind of you to provide him in the first place!

      Delete
  5. Insane Rob - beautiful work. Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete