Thursday 11 May 2017

Deathwing Land Raider - WIP

How do!


As seems to be the usual case with me for the past long time (accurate!), its just another quick update of where I'm going with a project. I've put off painting these Land Raiders for the longest time as I really dislike painting large flat surfaces if I can help it. I find tanks in general one of the hardest things to paint convincingly and well in my repertoire. 

Fortunately, the general style of the Deathwing in this commission has been one of the battle worn, so I felt a little more comfortable not having to produce a clean result! This took a couple of hours to produce, but obviously all the turrets and sponsons need to be done separately, plus there is still highlights to do on sections of this. 





Hopefully the client will be happy with the worn look!

Also, apologies if you feel I am inundating you with too many posts! Please do comment if it begins to grate terribly. I have also set aside, Saturday morning to answer my back log of comments! So if you have commented in the past 2 weeks I will have answered in on Saturday :)

Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. Looking good pal, I know what you mean with tanks, they can be tricky, especially if you rely heavily on washes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And boy do I rely on washes!!! Thankfully only two of these to do! In my own collection I can avoid the large flat spaces somewhat

      Delete
  2. That looks significantly worn and ancient, a little too much for my style but it's a great job regardless of my tastes. Login' the hazard stripes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Hazards would tie them in nicely with the Termies. Well Russ did ask for battle worn so hopefully it'll tickle his taste buds :P

      Delete
  3. The only problem for me with your post count is the content its so varied I don't know how you fit it all in! I've got about 20 posts just on those darn Ravenwing! Reminds me why I don't want to get into commission work ;) I'll leave it to those that can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kids and a very understanding girlfriend! All feels a bit of mad scramble sometimes to get the hobby on an even keel mind you!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic as ever. The hazard stripes really draw the eye and combine an industrial flavour with the high gothic theme. Most pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told I'm allowed to play with them so I can deck your Word Bearers with them if you like ;)

      Delete