After my dire warnings of nothing but Thallax all week you will be pleased to know that today is the day of the Thanatar!! Yesterday I came home to my Thanatar from forgeworld and so I set to getting it cleaned up and built in double quick time as I may have a game with it on Friday!
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the bit I thought I'd struggle with which was the ammo feed for the left arm, but I found the pictures and diagrams for assembling the leg servos completely undecipherable! They have turned out fine but it took me the best part of 45 minutes just to configure those!!
I tried to pose her such that it looks like a big hulking stride forward with arm outstretched, I'm quite pleased with it really! The magnetisation at the waist allows me to pivot it a bit and also will make priming and painting a lot easier. The Helex plasma mortar is also magnetised at one point so it can pivot up and down an is easier to paint too, though I have yet to decide if the top part of the mortar should be left closed or be carefully cut to be glued as open. Its not yet glued in place, just snap fit as its very snug.
A really nice kit from FW, the only problem being they sent me a knight base instead of a Thanatar base! But they have already been contacted and said they will post the right base size out to me. So I now have a knight base that I may make a diorama on with some other odds and sods that I have coming in... You will have to wait and see!