Monday 16 May 2016

Legion of the Damned - Then there were TWO

Hey folksy folk,


So I've been pottering on with several projects and the Legion of the Damned are a really nice one to do in the middle of other projects as paint and washes dry or I'm waiting for glue to set. Over the weekend I managed to get my second Legionary done and I am pretty happy with how he turned out, I think they will look pretty good when the whole 10 are painted and based as a group, even if they aren't "stunning" as individual models.









Looking at the close up pictures as I post this I have a few things to correct, like yellow on the black section of the leg and the silver highlights on the shoulder pad trim as well as touch up the flame transitions, but nothing major I am going to revise.


Peace out,

Rob

13 comments:

  1. Don't you just love miniature photography! I swear, every time I post a picture I see things that need to be fixed that were completely invisible before. It is like "Mad" Larkin looking down the scope of his long-las and seeing the truth ;-) Your LotD figures are looking great, I can't wait to see the finished squad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha its horrible! Its like hearing your own voice for the first time... Thanks though Mate :)

      Delete
  2. Theya re looking well, man I bet they are hard to photo well though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am hoping switching the background as Greg suggest will help in future

      Delete
  3. I love them. Have you tried putting a little dot of white at the back of the eye lenses though? I couldn't see one in the photos but I find that and a little gloss varnish in there really makes them look like they're reflecting light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been umming and ahhing over it, I don't know whether I want it to look like a soft glow or add that extra lense flare. I think I will on a few once the whole squad is done and see, I can always go over it

      Delete
  4. Looks great rob! I think the individual models still look fantastic. They'll look even better in a group.

    You might find you get a bit better pop of the blacks by taking photos on a more neutral (greyish) background then the whites. The white tends to contrast too much with the blacks and we lose some details when viewing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Great tip, I will put it into action with the next batch :)

      Delete
  5. Those are looking great even as individuals if you ask me. Looking forward to the group shots.

    Also, is the basing unfinished, or just odd? The white around the base of the pipes in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :)

      The white is just super glue as I kept knocking them off with my fat hands as I was handling the model and this time I made sure they bloody well stayed put!

      The bases have a lot of work to go through but I will do them all at the end

      Delete