Monday 2 May 2016

Mechanicum Madness - Magos and Domitars Complete

Hi gang,


Today has been pleasantly productive in the last few hours. I was up at 5am and then at work till 10am but getting home at 10.30 I started to paint a Magos that had previously only be washed with sepia, and 3 hours later he is done! In the drying times for the Magos I also finished off the Domitars that I showed you yesterday, they just needed blood effect cabling and blue glow effect adding to their graviton hammers. Super pleased with how they have turned out and the Magos isn't too bad considering he was rescued from a box I had forgotten about and kitbashed with a 3rd edition incubus weapon...

Anyway pictures and feel free to give thoughts :)
















The Magos will just be my cheap backfield magos to extend cortex controller range and repair my Krios Tanks with his battlesmith rule. 

Coming up for the Mechanicum I have a unit of Scyllax that I got from heresy trading on facebook which was a nice bargain. I also have the converted Vorax and I have a third Domitar to convert into the Homonculex that follows Anacharis Scoria. And finally I have the Imperial Knight I purchased the other day. 

Expect the first 3 to arrive pretty soon and the Knight to take a lot lot longer! I have really enjoyed painting this army and I only ordered the first batch from eBay on the 18th of January! It seems a life time ago, but progress has been pretty quick which is very pleasant. 


Peace out,

Rob

13 comments:

  1. They look wicked man, do you know yet what colours you're doing the knight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Knight will be painted as a mechanicum indentured one to match my 30k mechanicum and fill their LoW slot... I'm planning on really going to town with the conversion...

      Delete
  2. Great job Rob! The magos looks awesome as the light blue effect on the weapons. Waiting for the knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know why you picked Mechanicum- you're an evil robot from the future that doesn't need sleep and just paints all day. It's the only logical explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why you picked Mechanicum- you're an evil robot from the future that doesn't need sleep and just paints all day. It's the only logical explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work, man - those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, a lot of cues taken from your sublime imperial fists :)

      Delete
  6. The best thing about using 3rd Edition parts is that nobody recognises them anymore ;-) The Domitars are brilliant, such a well executed and striking paint scheme with that splash of OSL; really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make me feel old! Damn you! I feel a certain level of imposter syndrome with this army you know.. like I will never paint this well again in my life!

      Delete