Friday 6 May 2016

Scyllax ahoy! Domitars and Magos Dominus Based

Hey web-mateys,


I recently purchased some Scyllax from a trading group on facebook for a very decent price, however they appear to have been posted by someone who has no idea about packaging miniatures and a lot of the very delicate arms have snapped off. Much anger and blue air occurred... However they should fix up nicely, plus I have to remove them from their bases anyway so I can make them match the rest. Here's some pictures as I got them:



In better news however I had a really fun evening putting the Domitar and Magos Dominus bases together, really enjoyed making a squished PDF trooper! I painted him a dull blue to try and get that across compared to more standard IG colours. Very pleased overall, even had a go at making intestines! These guys are all complete now :)













I want to take the Scyllax to Double Trouble run my Alex at From the Fang so they will be top priority this weekend to get them undercoated and the seraphim sepia layers down at least. Whilst I'm on that I will also do the Vorax as it saves time doing all the yellow at once. Once they are complete I will build my Homonculex conversion from my spare Domitar and also get on with that I think. The only Mechanicum unit I have any plans to do in the near future is my Imperial Knight and that will be a slow burn project, though I have lots of grand (and therefore unachievable) ideas for it!

After that... Alpha Legion...

Peace out,

Rob

15 comments:

  1. Well those giant robots are a little grim, what with squishy and killing the mortals. :P
    Great paint jobs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory, I enjoyed making the squished PDF trooper a little too much :P

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Having 8 Scylax myself I can say that those arms won't stay on long, no matter what you do! Just look at them funny and they'll pop off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me sweet lies! Tell me they stay on.... How do you run them? on foot or in a Triaros?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rob, I do tin foil hat for myself! How do you do that! You are again one step ahead! I ordered them yesterday !!!
    P.S. Domitars are simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind if the scylax fall to bits; they look like they'd have some tasty bitz on them... ;)
    May I please suggest dulling the silver metal a fraction? A bit of watered-down mournfang brown might be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fluff for the army is they are test bed automata that Anacharis commandeers when he breaks out of prison so I didn't want to add rust or anything brown like that as I want them to look test floor worn, like a sales model but not actually corroded too much.

      Delete
  6. Those look fantastic! Loving the personality you gave the Domitars, curse you for making me try and justify an army where I could include them! ...Just a small Iron Warriors force couldn't hurt, right? Awesome work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The iron circle (brotherhood?), the domitar based bodyuard for perturabo are sooo pretty! You should do it ;)

      Delete
  7. Wow, that yellow looks really good, especially with the blue glow with it. I too am a bit worried about the robots killing mortals... I love the posing on them too.

    And Mordian, there is nothing wrong with a side project of Iron Warriors! Except you would turn it into 10,000 points in an evening ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe, I'll remember that compliment when I set them loose ;)

      Delete
  8. Looking fantastic as always Rob! I would love to see these at Double Trouble, you might even give NafNaf or Dave a run for their money for Best Army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if Naf wasn't bringing his Dark Eldar I might hold out hope, but that carnevale is gonna storm to the top!

      Looking forward to a pint with you guys, hoping to get there friday evening for a drink at least if not a game :)

      Delete